Friday, September 28, 2018

August 6th–9th, 2018


“Observation Classes “
 
Monday, August 6th,  2018 was  the first class observation. Before we met the co-operating teacher, we were introduced to all students in Junior High School.

In the first time, I was the one who trusted to teach Math in grade 10th Junior High School. My co-operating Teacher  was Mr. Ariel Bandana.
My first impression about him- he was very nice. I couldnt imagine that he had seven classes a day. WOW! Moved from one class to another when the times are over. I was amazed, because he had to work hard to deliver the lessons well.

However, our cooperation was going on only in the first day as I got information that my major was changed, I taught Physics.  Then, I transferred to high school for teaching physics subjects (general physics 1) in grade 12.

The second day of class observation, I transferred to Senior High School. I met my new co-operating teacher, Ms. Nessel Auditor. the first impression when I saw her - she was very kind and friendly. I was so happy she guides me well.
When I observed her teaching in the class , I was immediately fascinated as  how well she was when delivering lesson. This was amazing for a teacher in her 2 years teaching experience.
Ms. Nessel was one of a good role models. She was very energetic. She teaches in junior and senior high school at once. In senor high school, she taught in the STEM (Science Technology Engineering, and Mathematics) classes including STEM 1 and STEM 4, also in the GAS 1 (General Academics Strand) class. However, I requested that I only teach at STEM 1 and STEM 4 classes, so my teaching hours were fulfilled and not exceeding the prescribed time limit.
When she was teaching, I felt like that the students never got bored. Because the way she delivered the material was very good and easily understood by the students. The students were  also very enthusiastic when learning. Even though there were some students who are sleepy, or busy with their gadgets, she has a lot of smartway to keep their focus in the lesson.
During  classroom observation week, I learned a lot of valuable lessons, such as how to manage the class well, how to motivate students, how to teach Physic in a fun way, how to make students stayed focus.
Seeing my co-operating teacher who is very total in teaching. I promised to myself, I could be like her.


Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
-e. e. Cummings-






 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;